|Adult||36.3 stored points||53.4 stored points|
|Child or Senior*||18.2 stored points||35.3 stored points|
|Child or Senior*||$18.5||$33.8|
|Child or Senior*||$18.5|
|Transport Card (Refundable Deposit $20)|
|Discount Package||Passenger Class||Total no. of stored points||Price|
|Child or Senior*||775||$655|
|Child or Senior*||465||$429|
*Child - Aged 1 to below 12
Senior - Aged 65 or above
Wheelchair available at Piers Travelling with Pets on Ferry Schedule ( From Discovery Bay ) Schedule ( From Central )
|1||Government vehicles, ambulances or vehicles used by officers of the Fire Services Department, the Hong Kong Police Force, the Customs and Excise Department or the Correctional Services Department||$50|
|2||Private light buses other than category 1 above||$50|
|3||Public and private buses other than category 1 above||$50|
|4||Light goods vehicles and special purpose vehicles other than category 1 above and of a permitted gross vehicle weight not exceeding 5.5 tones||$120|
|5||Medium goods vehicles and special purpose vehicles other than category 1 above and of a permitted gross vehicle weight exceeding 5.5 tones but not exceeding 24 tones||$160|
|6||Heavy goods vehicles and special purpose vehicles other than category 1 above and of a permitted gross vehicles weight exceeding 24 tones||$250|
|7||Vehicles other than categories 1 to 6 above||$250|
The tunnel is open 24 hours on all days. Delivery and servicing vehicles are allowed to enter Discovery Bay between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. daily.
Transport Department has limited the approval to 'specified vehicles' only. Specified vehicles include residents' coaches, goods vehicles for goods delivery and servicing functions, Government vehicles.
Private cars, motor cycles, taxis, golf carts, passenger vans, cyclists and pedestrians are not allowed.
Duration of Stay at Discovery Bay of Specified Vehicles
The first two hours stated in the application is free of charge and any overstaying will be charged at the following rates:
- First hour or part thereof HK$100
- After the first hour or part thereof HK$200 per hour
No vehicle is allowed to remain overnight.
Entry into Discovery Bay is limited to the areas specified in the application and no variation is permitted. In the event that a vehicle is detected in an unauthorised area, the vehicle may be wheel clamped and a fee of HK$320 will be charged for its release.
Out of Gauge Vehicles and Vehicles with Abnormal Loads
Out of gauge vehicles and vehicles with abnormal loads are only permitted to drive on Discovery Bay Road and can only park at the Nim Shue Wan Service Area (Area 10B). Entry into any other area of Discovery Bay is strictly prohibited. An escort service will be provided to out of gauge vehicles and vehicles with abnormal loads at a service charge of HK$700 and is payable in cash at the Permit Collection Office upon departure.
Discovery Bay Commercial Tenant's Vehicles
Discovery Bay commercial tenant's vehicles do not need to obtain permit of entering into and departing from Discovery Bay. However, the commercial tenants are reminded that their vehicles must be specified vehicles and must obtain license from Transport Department for using all Hong Kong roads (not just Lantau Island private road).
Arrangements of External Coach Service
There are three external routes - one to the Airport, one to Tung Chung and one to Sunny Bay.
- Infant under 1 year old (accompanied by a paying adult) may travel free.
- Full time student under 18 years old with proof of residence in Discovery Bay may travel on child ticket.
- Refundable deposit of Transport Card is HK$20.
- Validity period of T-Cards is 180 days from the date of last point-adding. An administration fee of HK$30 is payable for reactivation.
- Single trip tokens are valid for use within 24 hours from the time of purchase.
- For T-Card related servies such as replacement of damaged or lost cards, an administration fee of HK$50 for each card is applicable. For details, please refer to the "Schedule of Fees and Guidelines of the Use of Tickets" at the piers.
- With effect from 3 March 2013, beneficiaries under the government's "Public Transport Fare Concession Scheme for the Elderly and Eligible Persons with Disabilities" are eligible for $2 ferry fare payment by using the relevant specified Octopus® Card.